Lion King

Friday, August 29, 2008

first try

Well, I'm brand spankin' new to this blog thing, but I'm going to give it a try. Since I am in a different town most every week I think I will try to give an impression of each, touching on the theatre, walking ease and tennis scene in each.



I am in Greenville South Carolina this week. I haven't gotten to do much because my crew did work calls Wednesday and Thursday but I do have some impressions.



The downtown area is very picturesque with a tree lined main street, nice little river, a mixture of old and new buildings. There is a very interesting pedestrian bridge that is fun to look at from an engineering standpoint. There are several fun eateries on the main street. I ate at a barbecue place and a Mexican place that had a great vegetarian burrito.



My mote is away from the center of town and have found walking very problematic. I try to walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. There are very few sidewalks out this way and the roads are narrow. Fortunately the drivers are polite and move over to make way.



We are playing in the Peace Center Theatre. It is a very nice space with lots of backstage space. Everything upstage of the back wall is in a converted mill building and very pretty. I love the name of the place and wear one of my peace sign hats most ever day. The lighting positions are very accessible and the follow spots are in good shape. Friendly crew.

It rained every day this week so far. We are experiencing the effects of Hurricane Fay. We braced for Fay last week in Tampa but she went around us. We hope to elude all hurricanes next week in Oklahoma City.

Susie Q is having her second chemo therapy session today. She is amazingly brave.

2 comments:

PEACE said...

Suzie Q says be careful walking the sidewalkless streets and wants to know how you could even mention a Mexican eatery without some review on their chips and salsa? Come on!

I will look forward to more of your impressions.

You are my sweetheart, lover, husband and partner all of which seems to work slightly better when we are together...hope that is soon.

Anonymous said...

"I try to walk a minimum of 10,000 steps a day":
wish I could convince my SO to take care of his body in such a determined way ;-)